Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Lite Fall Bites

This past weekend I was in charge of the food for a church event. We were supposed to provide "Lite Bites" for 350 women. I had the greatest committee on earth and here's what we came up with...

We set up tables with different breads and spreads. Pumpkin Bread and butter, Challah bread and Cinnamon Honey Butter, Whole Grain Bread and Herb Butter, and French Bread with Goat Cheese rolled in Craisins and Toasted Hazelnuts.

Then we had servers (single men we bribed with leftovers and a chance to meet women) walking around with trays of Cucumber Salami Bites, Apple Slices with Toffee Dip, and Soup Shooters.

The soups may have been the biggest hit. We served Curried Apple Butternut Squash Soup, Fall Harvest Tomato Soup, Black Bean Soup with Lime Crema, and Potato Soup with Bacon Crumbles.

To drink, there was apple cider and for dessert we had bags of caramel popcorn. I'm getting hungry all over again writing about it. I had so much fun doing this with my amigas. I'm so lucky to have friends who love food as much as I do!

Trays ready to be taken out

Black Bean Soup Shooters

Bread and Baskets on the prep table


Goat Cheese rolled in Craisins and Toasted Hazelnuts

Compound Butter (with herbs straight from Kirsten's garden)

Caramel Popcorn



Jessica's amazing pompoms. We hung this on the wall right behind the caramel popcorn table. I wish I had pictures of the awesome centerpieces too. They were mums in carved out pumpkins and then the same thing in miniature with apples and mums. We labeled the spreads by writing their names on little pumpkins. Like I said, best comittee ever.

10 comments:

Alexandria Note said...

I was there. It was magnificent.

Thank you, Kristin.

Kristin Mulrooney said...

You are amazing!

Jessica said...

Best committee leader EVER.

shauri said...

Kristin this looks awesome--best I've seen for R.S. event. Hope they know how lucky they are to have you and how much work went in to that!

Elizabeth said...

Dang! I wish I was there, I know how you do those RS functions. All out. Your fellow RS peeps are very lucky to have you.

carolina0205 said...

Kristin,
I was there last Sarurday. I was in love with all the food! It was so incredible delicious that I had to email the stake Relief Society president to get the recipes!!! Way to go!

carolina0205 said...

Is there a recipe for the pumpkin bread? ;)

EFN Newsletter said...

Thank you everyone! Carolina, the recipe for the pumpkin bread is: go to Great Harvest and pick up a loaf ;) Enjoy!

Unknown said...

I like your blog and hopefully you'll like mine.
So vist me at,
www.ahsanmuhammad.blogspot
If you want to read good jokes.

Owens D.C. said...

Jessica stole my line....yes indeed, lots of props to a fantastic leader and an even better friend...heart you!